How to Get Rid of Smoking, Drinking, Drugs and Other Bad Habits
These are practices that I do whenever I am trying to release a pattern that no longer serves my highest good. I am using smoking as an example but you can fill in any other habit instead of smoking like drinking, drugs and other addictive behaviours. Sometimes addictive patterns emerge from emotional charges. You get stressed at work for example and you take a smoke. Whenever emotional charges occur, they need to be cleared.
1. Buy a small notebook that can easily fit into a shirt pocket or purse. Whenever you engage in the habit that you are trying to release, write down the date, time, the people you were with and the reason why you felt drawn to engaging in the pattern that you are trying to release.
2. What you are trying to do is to identify the triggers that are supporting the old habit. Also a lot of time we have unconscious agreements with others to support us in maintaining our old habits. If you conscientiously do this for a week, you will know exactly what the triggers are for your habit and who in your life is supporting you in doing this behavior.
3. After a week, take out the notebook and make a list of the triggers/reasons you indulged in the habit and the people who appear to be supporting the habit. Post both of these lists up in your home and take time throughout the day to look at both lists. This will help you to understand what the underlying foundation of the pattern are.
4. For triggers, begin to recondition yourself. Say for example that you want to give smoking and that you have a trigger that after you eat you usually smoke or whenever you have a break you smoke. After you eat or have a break, instead of smoking - take 30 deep breaths instead.
5. For the people list, look at who is on it and begin to evaluate the relationship. If some of them are people in your work group that the major thing you have in common with is smoking, tell them that you are trying to give up smoking and that you will no longer want to take smoking breaks together. Explain to them that it is not personal that you just have a hard time for the present watching others smoke when you cannot.
6. If the people on the list are family members, you need to explain to them that you are trying to give up cigarettes and ask them to support you in this.
7. For those periods when you are just dying to smoke, for the first week, make a promise to yourself that if you still feel this strongly fifteen minutes from now you will smoke. If you do feel that way fifteen minutes later, go ahead and smoke. During week two change the time period to a half hour. During week three change the period to an hour.
8. I feel that energy healing can help support people who are serious about letting go of addictive behaviour. Energy healing focuses on the underlying root cause of imbalances rather than on the symptoms.
9. Another valuable thing to discover is what is your energetic reward from engaging in the bad habit. How are you benefiting from it. Once you identify what the energetic payback is to you, you can figure out another way to get the payback without indulging in the bad habit or addictive behavior.
Bill Austin is a spiritual healer and teacher based in St Petersburg FL. He has assisted hundreds of people around the world in gaining the clarity they need to realize more of their full potential. Bill has created a powerful energy healing treatment designed to help people overcome addictive patterns and behaviours. For more information, please check out his web site: http://www.HealingHolograms.com/addiction.htm
Bill Austin is also the author of Transform YOUR Relationship with Money: A Step-by-Step Guide for Financial Empowerment. For more information, please check out his web site located at http://TransformYourRelationshipWithMoney.com
The Secret of Stopping Smoking - Without Cravings or Weight Gain - Do you remember hearing about that person who’d smoked their whole life since aged ten, forty a day, then woke up one morning and decided to quit? Crumpled the pack into the bin and never thought a ...
How to Quit Smoking and not Gain Weight - Ask a hundred people, 'Will you gain weight when you stop smoking?', and virtually all will say, 'Yes'. And yet.....virtually all ARE wrong. If I asked you the question now, what would you sa ...
Quit Smoking - Consider this: Already since 1972, over 60 million people in the USA alone have successfully quit smoking! At one stage over 60% of the adult population was addicted to this drug. Today it is 28 ...
10 Powerful Tips To Stop Smoking - Powerful Hints to Stop Smoking. Whether you are using Nicotine Replacement Therapy, Hypnosis or just Cold Turkey, these strategies and hints are for aiding you to stop smoking and are sure to assist ...
Quit Smoking: 21 Shocking Smoking Facts, The Tobacco Companies Don't Want You To Know - Smoking is a global problem. It is estimated that one in three adults smoke, with over 1 billion people smoking worldwide. The majority of these smokers reside in countries on the low end to the middl ...
For a Complete list of Articles with summaries Click Here