Laser Hair Removal Frequently Asked Questions
Laser hair removal is supposed to be a safe process, yet dubious claims and inappropriate equipment still lead to scams and injuries. Consumers themselves must know the ins and outs of laser hair removal to prevent themselves from getting cheated. The following points will aid you in making a proper decision to get yourself ready at the clinic.
1) The sensitivity of your skin. A skin can be too delicate to be damaged instead of getting treated. A technology called CoolGlide can treat all known skin types. Consult a professional to examine and discuss over your skin and infection issues prior to treatment.
2) The degree of discomfort. Do not believe in a "no-pain" process. All treatment are bound to make you uncomfortable. However, it's not anywhere near the whip-lash pain of waxing.
3) The possibility of regrowth. Laser hair removal cannot possibly stop hair growth, though it can reduce growth rate permanently after hair cells are killed. If a practitioner claims to eradicate hair growth completely, you should ask for testimonials and get their proof upfront; it's in their benefit to tell you their achievement.
4) The cost. Depending on the area size treated, it could amount from US$25 to US$250. You may compare the price ranges of several services to get a good gauge. Ask for outstanding reasons that could factor into the overall cost, particular the overheads for their equipment.
5) Aging equipment. Ask for the type of laser used, whether it is effective, how long the practitioners have used the equipment and if there are newer models. You have a right to know.
6) Multiple treatment plans. It's quite likely to return for several treatments within 2 weeks, and then another separate session if necessary within a year to eliminate regrowth, but asking you to come back regularly without the fullest and sincere explanation on your case is simply an indication of ineffectiveness. Beware of such tactics that forces you to pay a lump sum in full. You deserve a good laser treatment as it is.
7) Safety measures. Laser, if abused, can cause damaging effects. Check what precautions are taken, like applying a layer of protective cream over the skin or wearing eye goggles.
8) The practitioner. Who is actually doing the treatment? The experienced doctor or some 'assistant'? Check that the practitioner is trained, qualified and certified to carry out treatments.
9) Ask for a test treatment. This is a simple request which practitioners have no difficulties to fulfill. Cost will still be incurred, but your initial experience with laser hair removal gets you in the know of how a typical treatment works and in tune with the clinical environment.
10) Get written information. Get a written agreement on all obligations, commitment and breakdown of cost from the practitioner to ensure that he stays true to the standard of service provided.
Justin Koh is a freelance writer whose articles have appear in most major ezines. You can find more of these at: http://www.laserhairremovalcentral.info
Leading the Revolution in Effective Hair Removal - Braun Epilators - Hair removal with an epilator is getting better all the time. Many women complain of the pain that is associated with the various epilators on the market today. But, they must not have tried using one in awhile ...
Laser Hair Removal - With physical appearance of a person gaining added significance each day, being presentable is not an option but a compulsion. Walking around with unwanted hair may render a messy look and at times lowers the person ...
Laser Hair Removal Maryland - Laser hair removal maryland is a safe and effective method for getting rid of unwanted body hair. It is an economic as well as a time saving process that treats a large area at once. Moreover, it is relatively pain ...
New Jersey Laser Hair Removal - Whether you are male or female, New Jersey Laser Hair Removal will help you get that smooth skin you always wanted. It is more or less a permanent procedure where you can get rid of all unwanted body hair. Be it leg ...
Laser Hair Removal : Am I a Good Candidate? What Do I Need to Know? - Whether you are male or female, New Jersey Laser Hair Removal will help you get that smooth skin you always wanted. It is more or less a permanent procedure where you can get rid of all unwanted body hair. Be it leg ...
For a Complete list of Articles with summaries Click Here