Laser Hair Removal - Is It Right For You?
Are you sick of shaving, waxing, and tweezing? If you're like many people, you probably said yes. It's no fun to tweeze, wax, and shave on a continual basis and with the technology available today, there's no reason to. There are a variety of options for permanent hair removal. One of the most common ones is laser hair removal. This is a fairly simple and gentle procedure that is heavily advertised. However, you may not know all of the facts about laser hair removal. Here a 7 bits of information that will help you to make a decision on whether or not permanent hair removal is right for you.
1. Laser hair removal is used for the quick, gentle removal of unwanted hairs. The laser works by sending a pulsating beam of light across the desired area. The light passes directly through the skin, but is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle and shaft. Once absorbed by laser light, the hair is impaired from future growth.
2. Laser hair removal was approved by the FDA in 1998. Older lasers were very slow and very painful. Today's advanced lasers are quick and gentle and can work on a wide variety of skin colors.
3. Light skin makes laser hair removal much easier to perform. Lighter skin allows for fewer treatments and better, faster results. Darker skin can be treated but results are slower and more sessions are required. If you do have darker skin, it is best to seek out a doctor with greater expertise. Laser hair removal must be individualized for each patient.
4. Almost all patients require multiple sessions in order to produce optimal results. This is because hair grows in cycles. Not all of the hairs are in the growth phase at any given time. Additional sessions are necessary to ensure that you catch all of these phases.
5. Laser hair removal is pricey. The price varies based on your particular doctor and what area you are located in. However, laser hair removal generally ranges from $300.00 to $500.00 per session. Because this is a form of medical care, it is important to seek out a clinic with the highest quality. Look for a clinic that gives individual attention and has an experienced, caring staff.
6. There are some side-effects and you may experience some discomfort. However, your practitioner will provide several pain relief methods including cooling with gels, fine mists of water, and cool air.
7. If you are looking for permanent hair removal, this may be the perfect solution to the unending tweezing, waxing, and shaving. Laser hair removal is different for each person. To find out if it would be a viable option for you, find a reputable clinic. Many offer free consultations.
To find out more about whether laser hair removal is right for you, visit the Laser Hair Removal Portal . Your days of tweezing and waxing, may be over. Laser Hair Removal New York.
Laser Hair Removal - Chicago - Chicago, land of the brisk breeze and whipping wind, is also home to folks who love laser hair removal. Chicago residents are busy folks and quick to recognize the many positive aspects of laser hair removal: quick, ...
Laser Hair Removal Unwrapped - Chicago, land of the brisk breeze and whipping wind, is also home to folks who love laser hair removal. Chicago residents are busy folks and quick to recognize the many positive aspects of laser hair removal: quick, ...
Hair Removal For A Man - Hair Removal For A Man may sound very odd. I mean we always picture men with beard and moustache and hairy bodies. Not any more! The smooth, shiny and clean man is the new fashion icon. You will never find a 'hairy' ...
Hair Removal Solutions: Laser Hair Removal and Others - Hair Removal For A Man may sound very odd. I mean we always picture men with beard and moustache and hairy bodies. Not any more! The smooth, shiny and clean man is the new fashion icon. You will never find a 'hairy' ...
Inside Secrets of a Beauty Consultant - Painless Hair Removal Tips You Can Use - If you have been shaving for a number of years you may be amazed when you hear claims that there is such a thing as painless hair removal that lasts. You will have tried everything for silky soft skin - shaving does ...
For a Complete list of Articles with summaries Click Here