Laser Hair Treatment - 10 Things You Must Know About Getting A Good Laser Hair Removal Service
Laser hair removal is supposed to be a safe process, yet dubious claims and inappropriate equipment still lead to scams and injuries. Consumers themselves must know the ins and outs of laser hair removal to prevent themselves from getting cheated. The following points will aid you in making a proper decision to get yourself ready at the clinic.
1) The sensitivity of your skin. A skin can be too delicate to be damaged instead of getting treated. A technology called CoolGlide can treat all known skin types. Consult a professional to examine and discuss over your skin and infection issues prior to treatment.
2) The degree of discomfort. Do not believe in a "no-pain" process. All treatment are bound to make you uncomfortable. However, it's not anywhere near the whip-lash pain of waxing.
3) The possibility of regrowth. Laser hair removal cannot possibly stop hair growth, though it can reduce growth rate permanently after hair cells are killed. If a practitioner claims to eradicate hair growth completely, you should ask for testimonials and get their proof upfront; it's in their benefit to tell you their achievement.
4) The cost. Depending on the area size treated, it could amount from US$25 to US$250. You may compare the price ranges of several services to get a good gauge. Ask for outstanding reasons that could factor into the overall cost, particular the overheads for their equipment.
5) Aging equipment. Ask for the type of laser used, whether it is effective, how long the practitioners have used the equipment and if there are newer models. You have a right to know.
6) Multiple treatment plans. It's quite likely to return for several treatments within 2 weeks, and then another separate session if necessary within a year to eliminate regrowth, but asking you to come back regularly without the fullest and sincere explanation on your case is simply an indication of ineffectiveness. Beware of such tactics that forces you to pay a lump sum in full. You deserve a good laser treatment as it is.
7) Safety measures. Laser, if abused, can cause damaging effects. Check what precautions are taken, like applying a layer of protective cream over the skin or wearing eye goggles.
8) The practitioner. Who is actually doing the treatment? The experienced doctor or some 'assistant'? Check that the practitioner is trained, qualified and certified to carry out treatments.
9) Ask for a test treatment. This is a simple request which practitioners have no difficulties to fulfill. Cost will still be incurred, but your initial experience with laser hair removal gets you in the know of how a typical treatment works and in tune with the clinical environment.
10) Get written information. Get a written agreement on all obligations, commitment and breakdown of cost from the practitioner to ensure that he stays true to the standard of service provided.
Justin Koh is a freelance writer whose articles have appear in most major ezines. You can find more of these at: http://www.laserhairremovalcentral.info
Hair Removal - All Over Your Body - Today, a male body builder is not the only person into removing hair from all over their body. Aside from the fact that there are more and more female body builders, there are scores of everyday males and fema ...
Laser Hair Removal Treatment FAQ: Simple And To The Point - What is laser hair removal and how does it work? It is a relatively new treatment that makes use of lasers to remove hair from the body. The practitioner uses a hand held device that emits a laser that p ...
After Effects of Laser Hair Removal - Should I Be Afraid? - Considering laser hair removal? This relatively safe procedure is the perfect way to remove hair for an extended period of time. It is much faster, less painful and lasts longer than waxing or other types of hair re ...
The Best in Hair Removal Options for You - How can you best get rid of hair you have growing where you donít want it? You can be lumped right in with the millions of people all over the world who have hair growing where it is not wanted. I found, though, tha ...
A Plain-English Guide to Laser Hair Removal - How can you best get rid of hair you have growing where you donít want it? You can be lumped right in with the millions of people all over the world who have hair growing where it is not wanted. I found, though, tha ...
For a Complete list of Articles with summaries Click Here