Don't Lose Hair Because Of Poor Grooming
One of the most common reasons why men and women lose their hair is due to poor cosmetic grooming. The unfortunate thing about this is the fact it is so preventable. Fortunately there are some steps you can take to put right some of the damage caused.
Speaking at the American Academy of Dermatology's 2004 summer conference, Dr Zoe Draelos offered a number of recommendations to improve the hair care regime:
1. Itching associated with seborrheic dermatitis can weaken and damage hair over a period of time so seek medical help if your scalp skin is itchy, red or scaly.
2. Long hair is more easily damaged. People with extensive hair damage should therefore consider a shorter style.
3. Hair growth slows with age and hair becomes thinner in texture. Older people should therefore ensure that only weaker chemicals are applied.
4. Take care when choosing grooming tools. Use a comb made from flexible plastic with smooth, rounded and coarse teeth. Use a brush with bristles that are smooth, ball-tipped, coarse and bendable. In addition brush as little as possible and avoid brushing wet hair.
5. Don't use tight rubber bands for ponytails as these cause excessive trauma and breaking of hairs. Likewise use hair clips loosely.
6. Understand the nature of your hair and adjust the intensity of your grooming to match. For example, curly hair tends to crack more easily than straight hair so be careful.
7. Make sure the hair is always cut with sharp scissors as crushing the end of the hair will encourage split ends.
8. The less that is done to hair in terms of styling, the healthier it will be. It follows then that care should be taken not to over-style with cosmetic products.
9. Hair coloring and bleaching are damaging to hair. If you must change hair color, try to stay within three shades of the natural color to minimize damage.
10. Hair relaxing and permanent waving are both damaging to hair and should only be used on a very limited basis.
You can find out more about treating hair loss by visiting the site listed below.
Richard Mitchell is the creator of the myhairlossadvisor.com, website that provides information and guidance to those suffering from premature hair loss. Please go to Hair Loss Solutions to find out more about the issues covered in this article.
What Causes Gray Hair - At some stage in our lives, both men and women will experience the on set of Gray Hair. Contrary to popular belief Gray hair is not always related to ones age. Gray hair can occur as young as in our teens and range into our late 50ís and even olde ...
Causes and Treatment of Excessive Hair Loss - Sudden hair loss often disturbs the sleep of many and brings with it great anxiety triggered by undesired baldness. Women find it even harder to bear. While the problem of hair loss is not common in women, they may suffer from this problem because of ...
Hair Loss Resources - Hair loss is a problem that affects men and women alike. Apart from mental tension it induces a feeling of consciousness in the individual. To what extent this feeling is justified is however a matter of debate. People who are facing the problem can ...
Do Natural Hair Loss Remedies Have Any Real Relevance? - The effectiveness of modern hair loss treatments is clear for all to see, but many people simply prefer not to use strong chemicals or non-natural substances. If you fall into this category, does this mean you'll just have to accept an ever- ...
hair loss types and treatments - Doctors distinguish between different types of hair loss. The male pattern hair loss is totally different from Alopecia Areata. Male pattern hair loss (also known as common baldness, male pattern baldness or permanent pattern baldness) is the most ...
For a Complete list of Articles with summaries Click Here