Arthritis Pain Relief : Questions To Ask Your Healthcare Provider
Copyright © 2005 Priya Shah
A great place to begin taking charge of you arthritis pain relief and prevention planning is by making an appointment with your healthcare provider and finding out more about your condition and treatment options.
Make sure to jot down questions ahead of time, and take them along in your journal or notebook, armed with a pencil to fill in his or her replies.
Some questions to begin with may be centered around these:
1. Do I have a form of arthritis? If not, what is wrong & what do I do next?
2. If so, which type is it? And what can I expect short-term and long-term?
3. What pain relief treatments are available? Which have side affects & what are they?
4. What self-care solutions do you advise?
5. Are there any limitations I should know about; i.e. special dietary issues, special activities to avoid, any OTC meds to NOT mix, etc.?
6. What resources do you have to help with my diet and exercise planning?
7. What other arthritic and other health resources do you have for my family and me?
When you take in your questions, also take in a description of your symptoms so that your doctor can help better understand your situation and health.
Make sure to note:
- Where you have pain (same joint both limbs?)
- When you feel pain - with certain activities, in the morning, when it rains, etc.
- How long you have had the pain
- If the pain increases or decreases, comes and goes, etc.
- The type & intensity level of pain - stabbing, dull, cramping, stiffness - and low, mild or high pain
- Note any limitations - can't bend over too far without pain, can't get out of car, etc.
- Share any family history of arthritis
- Tell about any OTC or prescription medications or other treatments you currently take or use.
- Discuss any special diet you are on and exercise programs
So try the different options available for arthritis pain relief and prevention.
Give your joints a break as soon as possible from any excess weight they're hauling around, even if it's the weight of excess stress.
Lighten up and make pain relief and prevention care part of your normal, everyday routine.
For a comprehensive report on arthritis, visit Arthritis Remedies
About the Author
Priya Shah is the editor of The Glutathione Report and Health Naturale. This article may be reprinted as long as the resource box is left intact and all links are hyperlinked.
Powerful Arthritis Pain Relief For All Of Us - When you ask what arthritis is, professinals will tell you it's inflammation of one or more joints. But you know it better as pain, swelling, stiffness, deformity, and/or a diminished range of motion of those joints! It's estimated that over 50 mi ...
Do Magnetic Bracelets Ease Arthritis Pain?: Five Things You Must Know Before Trying Magnetic Therap - Although the idea of magnetic therapy has been around for centuries, the use of magnetic bracelets to ease pain is a hot topic in medical news today. According to the December 2004 issue of the British Medical Journal, one study concluded that ...
Arthritis Pain Relief : Questions To Ask Your Healthcare Provider - Copyright © 2005 Priya Shah A great place to begin taking charge of you arthritis pain relief and prevention planning is by making an appointment with your healthcare provider and finding out more about your condition and treatment options.
WHAT'S THE LATEST IN VIOXX - Are you a Vioxx victim? Here’s something you have to know. Many people from all over the world were victimized by this drug. The Vioxx was produced by Merck and Pharmacia. It comes in liquid and pill form. It is a non-steroidal, anti-inflammat ...
Cure Arthritis? Right! - Arthritis sufferers are daily bombarded with new, better, more exciting treatments. Try Enbrel! Try Humira! Miracle drugs!Get your NSAIDS! Get your DMARDS! Pump more chemicals into your system. Side effects? What side effects? You have a choice; a ...
For a Complete list of Articles with summaries Click Here